The aim of this training is to enable you to acquire the tools and the appropriate behaviour to manage each phase of a crisis and uncertainty situation effectively and humanely. You will also learn how to prevent and anticipate crisis situations by assessing threats and risks.
Manager: Supporting your team in a crisis situation
Who should attend this course?
Managers of teams living or having lived through a crisis situation. Anyone who wishes to acquire the right reflexes to prevent a potential crisis situation
Team and management experience required.
- Understand the different stages of crisis and uncertainty management
- Taking a step back and accompanying employees through change
- Managing the exit from the crisis
- Implement actions to prevent crisis situations
Understand different crisis situations
- The different types of crisis and uncertainty situations: reorganization, relocation, site closure, etc.
- The stakes and specificities of each situation.
Anticipate and prevent crisis situations
- The stages of a crisis.
- Warning signs and triggers.
- The amplifying phenomena.
- Anticipating crisis situations: the crisis cell.
- Identifying vulnerabilities. Assessing risks.
- Mapping threats.
- Exit from crisis.
Strengthening management in the face of uncertainty
- The four levels of uncertainty.
- Preparing teams to navigate through uncertainty.
- Planning under uncertainty: ways to deal with it.
- Reasoning with a systems approach.
- The key competencies of the leader in situations of uncertainty.
- The five priority dimensions.
- The tools for implementing decisions: the anticipation, trust, confidence and listening triptych.
To accompany the emotions of his team
- Psychological functions and dysfunctions.
- Defence mechanisms in situations of crisis and uncertainty.
- Managing the stress inherent in any crisis situation.
- The usefulness of emotions: understanding one’s own emotions, managing those of others.
- Managing the conflicts and tensions inherent to the situation.
The manager’s response in situations of crisis and uncertainty
- Consequences on decision making.
- Assume the leadership and managerial posture by the sense to (re)create a positive dynamic.
- Managing one’s own fears and doubts.
- Identify and accompany the phenomena of resistance linked to this phase of change.
- To associate and share the vision and consequences of any new decision.
- Communicate effectively with your team.
Book your training
Enter your information to confirm your booking.