This module explores the ways in which digital organizations and digital operating models function in high velocity environments. It helps aspiring organizations to operate in a similar way to successful digitally-native organizations. It includes the use of working practices such as Agile and Lean, and technical practices and technologies such as Cloud, Automation, and Automatic Testing, focusing on rapid delivery of products and services to obtain maximum value.
ITIL® 4 Specialist – High Velocity IT
Who should attend this course?
The ITIL® 4 Specialist: High-velocity IT course is aimed at IT and Service Management practitioners who work in organizations that are in the process of digital transformation. It will also help individuals who want to acquire the ITIL Managing Professional (MP) designation.
To attend this course, participants must hold the ITIL 4 Foundation certificate.
The ITIL® 4 Specialist: High-velocity IT (HVIT) is one of the four modules to achieve the ITIL4 Managing Professional (MP) designation.
As organizations use information and related technologies to do business differently, the ability to rapidly launch new products and services to keep up with the competition becomes critical. To compete in this high–velocity environment, organizations must greatly intensify their agility, speed, cost–effectiveness and responsiveness.
The digital revolution has a significant impact in almost any business, corporation or public service. However, the timing and impact may depend on economic, societal and political aspects. These impacts are making it increasingly difficult for digital practitioners to design, develop, run and support the systems and services that fulfill the expected demand.
This 3-day course will help professionals who are familiar with traditional IT and service management concepts to discuss ‘digital’ confidently, develop practical competencies and integrate new concepts, techniques, and technologies into their ways of working.
The course is divided into various modules to explain the key concepts in a structured manner.
- Module 1 – Course introduction
- Module 2 – Introduction to High-velocity IT
- Module 3 – High-velocity IT approaches
- Module 4 – High-velocity IT operating models
- Module 5 – ITIL building blocks for High-velocity IT
- Module 6 – High-velocity IT culture
- Module 7 – Supporting models and concepts for purpose
- Module 8 – Supporting models and concepts for people
- Module 9 – Supporting models and concepts for progress
- Module 10 – High-velocity IT objectives and techniques
- Module 11 – Techniques for valuable investments
- Module 12 – Techniques for fast developments
- Module 13 – Techniques for resilient operations
- Module 14 – Techniques for co-created value
- Module 15 – Techniques for assured conformance
With the help of ITIL® 4 concepts and terminology, activities, exercises, examples and the case study included in the course, you will acquire relevant knowledge to pass the ITIL® 4 Specialist: High-velocity IT certification exam.
Please note that participants need to foresee at least 1.5 hours study time every evening.