Microsoft Word is a very powerful word processing program designed to save you time and make creating letters, CVs, reports and other documents easy. This is an introductory Microsoft Word course that will give you a working understanding of the basic functions of MS Word. Like being able to create and format documents.
Word 2019/365 – Level 1
Who should attend this course?
MS Word is the most common word processor used by the public and companies, so this course is aimed at anyone who handles routine correspondence professionally or privately
Be familiar with the Windows environment.
Be able to create documents and format them.
New Word 2019 features covered in this training
- Flip through pages like in a book with side-by-side display
- Dictate text
- The automatic translator
- DIFFERENCES BETWEEN Word WEB APP AND Word DESKTOP APP
- Sign in to the Office 365 portal
- Choosing the best storage drive for your documents
- Classic: On a file server or a machine’s hard drive
- 365: OneDrive Personal / OneDrive Shared / SharePoint-Teams
- Understanding the screen components
- Differentiate between one-page documents (letter) and long documents (2+ pages) to know which highlighting tools to use and where.
- Presentation of an efficient working method so that Word becomes your friend
Navigating and selecting
- Insert and delete a text : (automatic insertion / replacement / deletion)
- Navigate a document easily with the help of the keyboard and mouse
- Selecting text with the keyboard and mouse
- Formatting characters
- Paragraphs (alignment / spacing/bullets and numbers)
- Adding borders and frames
- Using Tabs
- Introduction to styles
- Insert tables
- Adding rows and columns
The Navigation Pane
- After applying styles in the document, use the navigation pane to change the paragraph sequence if necessary
- Searching for words and phrases to replace them in the whole document
Layouting the document
- Layout the document (Margins / Paper size …)
- Create headers and footers
- Adding an automatic table of contents
- Copying and replacing (with the functions « Drag & Drop and via the clipboard)
- Using the Find and Replace functions
- Working with multiple windows and documents simultaneously
- Check grammar and spelling
Exercise scenario’s + Tips and Tricks
Book your training
Enter your information to confirm your booking.