Professional Scrum with UX bridges the gap between Scrum, User eXperience and Design practices. The Professional Scrum with UX class focusses on learning how to integrate modern UX practices into the way you and your team are working in Scrum and how to work most effectively within Scrum teams. Scrum.org selects only the most qualified instructors to deliver this course. Scrum.org maintains the defined curriculum and materials to assure consistency and quality for students worldwide
Professional Scrum with UX (exam included)
Who should attend this course?
- Scrum Masters and Product Owners who will learn how to integrate the UX specialty with what they already know about the power of self-organizing cross-functional teams. This will enable them to help Developers to learn about the customer, plan learning/discovery/design work, and still deliver a “Done” increment each Sprint.
In addition, Scrum Masters will learn how to incorporate product discovery techniques into Sprints and how to balance the product discovery work with the product delivery work while Product Owners will learn product discovery techniques that User Experience Designers use to better understand the needs of the user.
- UX Professionals struggling to integrate on a Scrum Team will learn how to work more effectively inside Scrum, managing work in Sprints and visualizing it in the Product Backlog.
- People who have learned about Lean UX and want to learn how to integrate those concepts into Professional Scrum working together in a unified Scrum Team.
Scrum Masters and Product Owners, UX Professionals
- Gain a common understanding of what is meant by Professional Scrum
- Dispel many myths about User Experience and its relationship to Agile and Scrum
- Experience how the UX mindset and the Scrum framework compliment, align, and integrate
- Learn the advantages of thinking of work as problems to solve, and the Business Problem Statement’s role in this
- Understand how the Scrum Team can connect more closely with end users and customers
- Understand how “easily” and “quickly” we can do product development and include UX
- Learn the advantages of thinking of work as problems to solve, and how Business Problem Statements can frame the discussion
- Learn common patterns for employing UX practices within a Sprint and within a cross-functional team that includes UX Professionals
- Learn how to plan and balance both discovery and delivery work
- Leave with some UX techniques that can be accomplished within the Scrum Team
- Understand how anyone on the Scrum Team can support UX practices in support of the product
- Focus on outcomes and impacts over outputs
- Embrace the need to release and use measurements to validate outcomes
- Realize the importance of incorporating UX work as part of the Product Backlog
- Learn the value of testing hypotheses with experiments
- Understand how to design experiments to be as low-cost, low-risk as possible, and how to make them “ride the Truth Curve” as you increase investment