The Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course is a 2-day course that covers the principles and (empirical) process theory underpinning the mechanics, rules and roles of the Scrum framework. Advanced tools for servant-leadership are provided to increase a Scrum Master’s effectiveness. These tools relate to behavioral shifts, working with people and teams, coaching and facilitation techniques, and addressing the organization.
Professional Scrum Master I (exam included)
Who should attend this course?
The Professional Scrum Master course is for anyone involved in software development using the Scrum framework. It is particularly beneficial for those people within an organization accountable for getting the most out of Scrum, including Scrum Masters, managers, and Scrum Team members.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course
Students are challenged to think within the Scrum framework and the underlying values and principles to better understand what to do when returning to the workplace and facing complex decisions.
- Have a clear understanding of the rules of Scrum through the empirical foundation of Scrum.
- Students can act as a Scrum Master for Scrum Teams as well as stakeholders from an in-depth understanding of servant-leadership.
- Effectively be able to start up Scrum or increase its effectiveness if already underway.
- Scrum theory and principles
- The Scrum Framework
- The Definition of Done
- Running a Scrum project
- Working with people and teams
- Scrum in your organization
- The role of the Scrum Master
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master course will receive a password to attempt the PSM I assessment, and are also entitled to a discount on the PSM II assessment. The industry-recognized PSM certifications require a minimum passing score on these rigorous assessments.