After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe how to troubleshoot the data center network
- Describe the troubleshooting tools and methodologies that are available from the CLI and are used to identify and resolve issues in a Cisco Data Center network architecture
- Identify and resolve issues that are related to: VLANs and PVLANs; port channels and virtual port channels; OTV; and VXLAN
- Describe troubleshooting of routing protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP, and PIM.
- Describe troubleshooting of the LAN security features
- Identify and resolve issues that are related to a single device
- Identify and resolve issues that are related to Fibre Channel interface operation
- Identify and resolve Fibre Channel switching issues when the Cisco NX-OS Software is used in switched mode, and in NPV mode
- Identify and resolve issues that are related to FIP and FCoE, including FCoE performance
- Describe Cisco UCS architecture, initial setup, tools, and service aids that are available for Cisco UCS troubleshooting and interpretation of the output
- Describe Cisco UCS configuration and troubleshoot related issues
- Describe Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Server operation and troubleshoot related issues
- Describe LAN, SAN, and Fibre Channel operations, including in-depth troubleshooting procedures
- Describe Cisco IMC tools for validating performance and facilitating data-gathering activities for Cisco UCS C-Series server troubleshooting, and the troubleshooting approach for hardware and firmware failures
- Define the proper procedures for configuring LAN and SAN connectivity, avoiding issues with the VIC, and troubleshooting connectivity issues
- Troubleshoot Cisco UCS C-Series server integration with Cisco UCS Manager
- Identify the tools, protocols, and methods to effectively troubleshoot Cisco ACI
- Describe how to troubleshoot automation, scripting tools, and programmability
This course will help you:
- Learn how to deploy and troubleshoot various components of Cisco data center infrastructure to support performance, resiliency, scalability needs
- Gain knowledge and skills through Cisco’s unique combination of lessons and hands-on practice using enterprise-grade Cisco learning technologies, data center equipment, and software
- Qualify for professional-level job roles
What to expect in the exam
The 300-615 DCIT exam certifies your knowledge of troubleshooting a data center infrastructure including network, compute platforms, storage network, automation, management and operations. The exam will be available beginning February 24, 2020.
After you pass 300-615 DCIT:
- You earn the Cisco Certified Specialist – Data Center Operations certification.
- You will have satisfied the concentration exam requirement for new CCNP Data Center certification. To complete your CCNP Data Center certification, pass the Implementing and Operating Cisco Data Center Core Technologies (300-601 DCCOR) exam or its equivalent.