In this hands-on course, you will learn the basics of programming and VBA from the ground up. You will develop the skills needed to automate repetitive tasks, design interfaces for users and increase performance to improve user productivity.
Programming with VBA Excel
Who should attend this course?
This course is interesting for anyone who wants to automate tasks through VBA programming.
Experience in the use of Microsoft Office system products, particularly in Excel, is preferred. No previous programming experience is required.
During this 3-day training, participants will learn how to:
- Program with VBA.
- Develop custom solutions by using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Make the most of the VBA’s built-in construction.
- Leverage ActiveX controls to create functional user interfaces
- Fix the code using the VBA debugging tools.
- Secure your code and protect your users from macro viruses
- Use Visual Basic to control Excel, and to automate procedures that speed up and simplify working from Excel data.
You also learn how to set up interactive procedures by using message boxes and custom dialog boxes by using ActiveX controls. By the end of the course, you will have acquired a good understanding of Visual Basic language and methods of solving recurring tasks.
Introduction to VBA
- Language type
- Scope of application
- VBE Environment
- Program Scope
- Recording and running macros
- Limitations of recorded macros
- Improved automatically generated VBA code
Introduction to programming
- Structure of a macro
- Variables and data types
- Conditional structures (IF, CASE)
- Loops (WHILE, FOR)
- Objects (Methods, Properties, Events)
- Excel objects (workbook, sheet, etc.)
- Step by step
- Immediate window
Procedures and Functions
- Information boxes
- Input boxes
Creating a user interface
- ActiveX controls (TextBox, Combobox, Checkbox, ListBox, etc.)
- Event Programming
- The GoTo Error structure.
- Error handling in code.
- Error Resume.
- Creation et insertion of addins.
- The dangers of macros.
- Security levels.
- Code protection.
Tips & tricks from Professionals
FR / NL
€1200,00 + 21% VAT
Book your training
Enter your information to confirm your booking.