This course provides test engineers with advanced skills in test analysis, design, and execution through direct instruction and group exercises, that goes beyond the ISTQB Foundation level. This ISTQB accredited hands-on course enables test engineers to define and carry out the tasks required to put the strategy into action and is ideal for testers and test teams preparing for certification. In preparation for the exam, participants will learn the subject matter behind the test standard and deepen their understanding by working through case studies and exercises. In group exercises, typical review situations are simulated and analysed. Live virtual class
ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst (CTAL – TA)
Who should attend this course?
The Advanced Level Test Analyst qualification is aimed at people who have already achieved an advanced point in their careers in software testing and wish to develop further their expertise in test analysis and design.
Candidates must hold the Foundation Certificate and have sufficient practical experience.
An Advanced Level Test Analyst can:
- perform the appropriate testing activities based on the software development lifecycle being used;
- determine the proper prioritization of the testing activities based on the information provided by the risk analysis;
- select and apply appropriate test techniques to ensure that tests provide an adequate level of confidence, based on defined coverage criteria;
- provide the appropriate level of documentation relevant to their testing activities;
- determine the appropriate types of functional testing to be performed;
- work effectively in a usability testing team;
- effectively participate in requirements / user story reviews with stakeholders, applying knowledge of typical mistakes made in work products;
- improve the efficiency of the test process with the use of tools.
The Test Analyst’s Tasks in the Test Process
- Testing in the Software Development Lifecycle
- Test Analysis
- Test Design
- Test Implementation
- Test Execution
The Test Analyst’s Tasks in Risk-Based Testing
- Risk Identification
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Mitigation
- Black-Box Test Techniques
- Experience-Based Test Techniques
- Applying the Most Appropriate Technique
Testing Software Quality Characteristics
- Quality Characteristics for Business Domain Testing
- Using Checklists in Reviews
Test Tools and Automation
- Keyword-Driven Testing
- Types of Test Tools
- ISTQB® and IREB Documents
- Books and articles
- Other References
Book your training
Enter your information to confirm your booking.