- Installation, configuration, and management of local storage
- Deployment and maintenance of network services
- Network services: VNC, SSH, FTP, and web
- Securing files with ACLs
- Securing network services with firewall and SELinux
- Managing virtual machines with KVM technology
- Automating installation of Linux using Kickstart
Network configuration and troubleshooting
- Configure, manage, and test network settings.
Managing user accounts
- Manage user accounts, including password aging, and connect to a central LDAP directory service.
Command-line process management
- Launch, monitor, govern, and terminate processes using the Bash command line.
Manage system resources
- Schedule recurring tasks; monitor and manage system logs.
Installing and managing software
- Install software and query with yum using RHN and a custom repository.
Administer remote systems
- Access remote systems using command-line and graphical techniques.
Deploy and secure file-sharing services
- Install and manage basic network services, including firewall configuration.
- Manage SELInux booleans and file system contexts.
Managing simple partitions and file systems
- Manage encrypted partitions, file systems, and swap space.
Using file system Access Control Lists
- Restrict file access with file system ACLs.
Logical volume management
- Understand logical volume concepts and manage logical volumes, including snapshots.
Control the boot process
- Understand runlevels and manage GRUB.
Tune and maintain the kernel
- Pass parameters to the kernel and manage kernel modules.
Manage virtual machines
- Deploy and manage KVM virtual machines.
Automate installation with Kickstart
- Create Kickstart configurations and use them to install Linux.
Get help in a graphical environment
- Access Red Hat documentation and services.
- Practiced Linux or UNIX system administrators who currently manage servers at the enterprise level
- Skilled Linux system administrators who wish to earn an RHCSA certification
- Full-time Linux administration with 1-3 years of experience
- The following skills:
- Using the Bash shell and managing files and directories from the command line
- Configuring print queues to local and remote printers
- Monitoring system resources at a basic level (ps, kill)
- Managing system software (installing and updating packages with yum)
- Establishing network connectivity using DHCP
- Administering local user and group accounts
- Managing local, physical storage
- Installing Linux graphically on a bare-metal system