- Define Agile Software Engineering and the underlying values, principles, and practices
- Apply the Test-First principle to create alignment between tests and requirements
- Create shared understanding with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Communicate with Agile modeling
- Design from context for testability
- Build applications with code and design quality
- Utilize the test infrastructure for automated testing
- Collaborate on intentional architecture and emergent design
- Apply Lean-Agile Principles to optimize the flow of value
- Create an Agile Software Engineering plan
The class registration includes:
- Student Workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Certification of completion
- Certified SAFe® 4 Agile Software Engineer certification upon passing of exam
- One Certification exam attempt (re-takes at an additional fee)
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe® 4 Agile Software Engineer certificate
- A SAFe® 4 Agile Software Engineer digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe® 4 Agile Software Engineer, which includes access to the ASE Community of Practice
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
- Certificates expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee is $100
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 20 PDU’s with the Program Management Institute for PMP, PgMP and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEU’s under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP though Scrum Alliance.
This course targets the technical members of an Agile Team – developers and testers. Product Owners, Scrum Master, Managers, and others with a less technical background would also be very beneficial as they would gain an understanding of the development process so that team collaboration will become more effective.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, meeting the following prerequisites will make the training more productive.
- Understanding of SAFe for Teams
- Background in engineering, development, managing development, or quality assurance