Students will learn how to install, configure, and maintain a cluster of Red Hat Gluster Storage servers. The course will also explore highly available common Internet file systems (CIFS) and network file systems (NFS) using Clustered Trivial DataBase (CTDB), unified file and object storage, and geo-replication. Finally, students will learn about the Hadoop plugin for Red Hat Storage, snapshots, and geo-replication.
Course content summary
- Install and configure Red Hat Gluster Storage
- Create and manage different volume types
- Learn about IP failover for NFS and SMB
- Explore georeplication
- Configure network encryption
- Manage tiering
Introduction to Red Hat Storage
- Understand Red Hat Storage server features and terminology.
Install Red Hat Gluster Storage
- Install Red Hat Gluster Storage.
Configure Red Hat Gluster Storage
- Build and configure a Red Hat Gluster Storage volume.
- Create different volume types.
- Access data on Red Hat Gluster Storage volumes with various clients.
Configure ACLs and Quotas
- Implement POSIX ACLs and quotas.
- Grow storage volumes online.
Configure IP Failover
- Configure IP failover.
- Configure georeplication for disaster recovery.
- Perform basic troubleshooting tasks.
- Manage volume snapshots.
Install Red Hat Gluster Storage Console
- Install Red Hat Gluster Storage Console.
- Manage storage tiering for a volume.
Monitor Red Hat Gluster Storage
- Monitor Red Hat Gluster Storage performance.
Configure Network Encryption
- Configure Network Encryption for Red Hat Gluster Storage.
- Practice and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in Red Hat Gluster Storage Administration.
Linux system administrators and storage administrators interested in, or responsible for, maintaining large storage clusters using Red Hat Gluster Storage.
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or an equivalent level of knowledge is highly recommended.