Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Learn about container, Docker, and OpenShift architecture.
• Create containerized services.
• Manage containers and container images.
• Create custom container images.
• Deploy multi-container applications.
• Install an OpenShift cluster.
• Configure and manage masters and nodes.
• Secure OpenShift.
• Control access to resources on OpenShift.
• Monitor and collect metrics on OpenShift.
• Deploy applications on OpenShift using source-to-image (S2I).
• Manage storage on OpenShift.
Describe container technology
Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by the OpenShift Container Platform.
Create containerized services
Provision a server using container technology.
Manipulate pre-built container images to create and manage containerized services.
Manage container images
Manage the life cycle of a container image from creation to deletion.
Create custom container images
Design and code a Dockerfile to build a custom container image.
Deploy multi-container applications
Deploy applications that are containerized using multiple container images.
Install OpenShift Container Platform
Install OpenShift and configure the cluster.
Explore OpenShift networking concepts
Describe and explore OpenShift networking concepts.
Deploy containerized applications on OpenShift
Deploy single container applications on OpenShift Container Platform.
Deploy multi-container applications on OpenShift
Deploy applications that are containerized using multiple container images on an OpenShift cluster.
Execute commands using the command-line interface.
Control resource access
Control access to OpenShift resources.
Allocate persistent storage
Implement persistent storage.
Manage application deployments
Manipulate resources to manage deployed applications.
Install the metrics subsystem
Install and configure the metrics gathering system.
Manage OpenShift Container Platform
Manage and monitor OpenShift resources and software.
• Developers who want to containerize software applications
• Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration
• Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures
• System administrators who want to learn more about OpenShift
• System architects who want to learn more about OpenShift
• Architects and developers who want to install and configure OpenShift
• Have ability to use a Linux terminal session and issue operating system commands
• Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or demonstrate equivalent knowledge
• Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies