As a result of attending this class, students should be able to containerize simple software applications and services, deploy them with Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift, test the containerized version, and troubleshoot issues with deployment.
- Container, Docker, and Red Hat OpenShift architecture
- Create containerized services
- Manage containers and container Images
- Create custom container images
- Deploy containerized applications on Red Hat OpenShift
- Deploy multi-container applications
- Introduce and review the course.
Get started with container technology
- Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Create containerized services
- Provision a server using container technology.
- Manipulate pre-build container images to create and manage containerized services.
Manage container images
- Manage the life cycle of a container image from creation to deletion.
Create custom container images
- Design and code a Docker file to build a custom container image.
Deploy containerized applications on Red Hat OpenShift
- Deploy single container applications on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Deploy multi-container applications
- Deploy applications that are containerized using multiple container images.
Troubleshoot containerized applications
- Troubleshoot a containerized application deployed on Red Hat OpenShift.
Comprehensive review of Introduction to Container, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift
- Demonstrate how to containerize a software application, test it with Docker, and deploy it on a Red Hat OpenShift cluster.
- Developers who wish to containerize software applications
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures
Red Hat recommends these prerequisites:
- Be able to use a Linux terminal session and issue operating system commands
- Have Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent experience
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies