This course will also begin the transition from administering OpenStack using Horizon to using the unified command-line interface. Exam competencies covered in the course include: configure Red Hat OpenStack Platform (using OpenStack Director), manage users, projects, flavors, roles, images, networking, and block storage, automation (scale-out and scale-back), and build a customized image.
Course content summary
- Launch instances
- Manage core OpenStack services using the unified command-line interface
- Migrate instances between compute nodes
- Build a customized JEOS image
- Automatically scale-out and scale-back applications
- Introduce and review the course.
Keystone identity service
- Install, configure, and use the Keystone authentication services.
- Manage hardware profiles.
- Manage OpenStack networks.
Manage floating IP addresses
- Manage floating IP addresses.
Manage security groups
- Manage OpenStack security groups and security rules.
- Manage instances.
Add additional compute nodes
- Add additional compute nodes to OpenStack.
Build a customized image
- Build and customize an operating system image.
Deploy Red Hat OpenStack Platform
- Deploy Red Hat OpenStack Platform.
Deploy scalable applications
- Deploy stacks (applications) that provide scale out/scale back capabilities.
- Review Red Hat OpenStack Platform II.
This course is designed for Linux system administrators, cloud administrators, and cloud operators.
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration I (CL110) course or equivalent
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent knowledge and experience